Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to the countryside

Today we embark in a carpool to Perigueux, Dordogne. I anticipate excitedly the return to the world of countryside farm life, where I feel useful, strong, unhindered, serene, healthy, sane. I do not exaggerate when I say that the pace of life in the city is not good for the health! We try harder and harder to be as fast as our every accelerating computers and cell phones and online banking and Twitter, but we are biological, and must slow our conscious minds down to have any hope to reconnect vigorously with our unconscious, which goes at the speed of nature. This is what meditation is for me, a gradual realignment with the unconscious parts of the mind, those which express themselves during our dreams, for example, a rearrangement of the mind, a holisticising.

Talk soon.

Maurizio